Skip Navigation

[Resolved] js_event_wpv_parametric_search_results_updated not applied

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am trying to initialize the select2.js library on my custom search filters but I see an error in the console:

select2.min.js - Uncaught Error: No select2/compat/inputData

Solution:
Be sure to initialize select2 only on select fields. In this case, a checkbox field was included in the jQuery selector, resulting in an error.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by romanB-3 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi,
I have 2 selects on a view:
1- a select based on a taxonomy;
2- a select based on a radio buttons backend field.
I also have a JS code

jQuery( function( $ ) {
  $(".js-wpv-filter-trigger").select2({
    placeholder: "Cliquer pour choisir"
  });
} );

jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_parametric_search_results_updated', function( event, data ) {
  jQuery( function( $ ) {
    });
  } );
});

meant to apply select2 design on both fields.
When loading my page hidden link, it displays great, but still have a console error.
When editing any of the search field, I lost the select2 design and have another console error.
Thank you.

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 4.20.07 PM.png

I think the error is occurring because your code is attempting to initialize select2 on a checkbox filter input. The checkbox filter also has the class js-wpv-filter-trigger. The .js-wpv-filter-trigger selector here must be adjusted so that checkboxes are not included in the selector:

});

See the screenshot - the checkbox has the CSS class used in your select2 selector. Your code should only attempt to initialize select2 on select fields, not checkbox inputs.

Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.