Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Javascript error when using post relationship editor to add new child post (cont

This support ticket is created 5 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Beda 5 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Refer to ticket https://toolset.com/forums/topic/javascript-error-when-using-post-relationship-editor-to-add-new-child-post/

Although there is a warning, the user may only aware that the connection for the current post cannot be undone but not for other related posts.

So is your suggestion to completely remove the "Trash" link, or to modify the text shown in the warning message?

Dear Christian Cox,

I found another critical problem and making a relationship between custom posts. There is a "Trash" option under the section "Acupuncture Points Books", it is very dangerous if more than one relationship to current custom post.

I make two connections from two acupuncture points to the same book, I click the Trash option from one of the two acupuncture points, it permanently removes the book and also breaks all the relationship with another

My suggestion is to remove the Trash link, it is because I am updating the Acupuncture Point but not the Book, so it is not reasonable or have the permission to allow me to remove the Book, if need, I should delete the Book from Books.

Best regards,

Kelvin.

I see, though I can understand why it might be convenient to have the delete link. Also this delete post link exists in the current Post Relationship editor system (not the M2M betas, but the old post relationship editor) so it would be basically removing an existing feature. I will pass this ticket along to Beda, who handles feature requests, for consideration.

The WordPress behaviour is to trash if you press trash, without warning.
Things can be restored.

Only when you delete, then WordPress asks you if you are sure.

When I trash a related post from within another Post - Toolset Types asks me with a very obvious message, if I really want to do this.
It's irreversible, as written there.
This means, after trashing that post, the post is to find in the trash, and will logically be disconnected from any other post.

That is expected.
If you just want to disconnect the post there is a link for that.

However, if you trash it, the relations will be destroyed and Toolset warns about this.

I think the request makes sense to respect Toolset Access Settings there.
Hence, if a Role has no rights to edit Child or Parent Posts there should be no trash link - but Toolset Access is not yet fully Many To Many ready, and this feature might require some time to be implemented.

I will inform the developers about this

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.