Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Items won't display in the order I've defined

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.24 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andresB-4 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Protagonistas-Historias-de-Liderazgo-en-Primera-Persona.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Need to display post listing in a custom way and no matter what I do, the items won't respect that order. Basically I need to order posts by episode number (I've created a custom field in order in this case), but they will always show in a random way. Not only at homepage but in the inner sections as well.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
no

Is there a similar example that we can see?
no

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Hello, normally when I see issues with sort order like this, the problem is caused by another plugin or theme interference, or the wrong field is selected in sort order options. Let's try to narrow down the source of the problem. Please try these troubleshooting steps and let me know the results:
- Temporarily deactivate all plugins except Types and Blocks (or Views if you use the legacy Views plugin)
- Temporarily switch to a default theme like Twenty Twenty One
- Temporarily deactivate any custom code snippets you have active in Toolset > Settings > Custom Code
- If the View is inserted with a shortcode, copy + paste that shortcode here for me to review. If the View is inserted with a View block, you can disregard this step.
- Check the View results order again.
- If the sort order is correct now, there is a conflict with one of the components you just deactivated. Reactivate those components one-by-one, testing the results each time you reactivate a component, until the problem returns. This process should allow you to narrow down the conflict to one or two components responsible for changing the order of these results.
- If the sort order is still incorrect, make sure you have the correct field selected in the sort order options. If there are two custom fields with the same name, for example, it is possible the wrong one is selected. If no similar field names exist, I'll need to take a closer look because this indicates an unexpected problem I cannot predict.

Let me know what you find out and we can go from there.

My issue is resolved now. As you suggested it was a plugin conflict. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.