Skip Navigation

[Resolved] issues with toolset on new site: button cannot be tuned, template is not showing

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

1) I am trying to: edit Button block and change style settings. Clicking on the option in menu lead to error of the block. Instead of block message is shown: This block has encountered an error and cannot be previewed.

2) If theme supports Editor then template is not showing.
hidden link

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Anton

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Thanks for the report.

I tested and confirmed the problem with the button block style settings, which appears related to the changes in WordPress 6.2.

I have escalated the issue to the developers, who will look into it urgently.

I don't understand what you mean with the second issue if you could please elaborate.

1) thank you ! Looking forward a solution.

2) for example “Twenty Twenty-Three” theme supports new WP feature “Editor” where I can change structure of everything. But Template doesn’t work. Pls look at main page where template is assigned but nothing is displayed at front end.

The issue is also appeared with another theme which also supports new WP feature “Editor”.

While after switching on classic themes the Template works, for example Twenty Twenty.

Just identified that Fields & Text block has the same issue as button.

Nigel
Supporter

Sorry for the delay, I was off a couple of public holidays over Easter.

Regarding the first issue, the developer has already identified a fix and we should be getting plugin updates to resolve the problem soon (including for other affected blocks, including the Fields and Text block).

The second issue we don't have a fix for, though, and I don't have a timetable for when we will. As of now Toolset templates do not work with themes that use the Full Site Editor, including the latest default WordPress themes 2023 and 2022.

I'll let you know when the fixes for the first issue are out.

Thank you! Looking forward.

Sincerely
Anton

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Anton

I wanted to let you know that we published plugin updates today that include a fix for this issue (specifically, Blocks 1.6.7, though a Forms update is also available).

If the updates do not show up on your plugin installer page (click the registered link beneath the plugin name to go to the custom installer page) click the the Check for Updates button to update the list.

Or you can download the latest versions from your accounts page: https://toolset.com/account/downloads

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.