Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Issue setting password on registration form

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to create a User form where the user creates his/her own password?

Solution:
You need to make sure that when creating the CRED Form, you uncheck the option "Autogenerate Password" in the Wizard.

That will not only include the ShortCode

[cred_field field='user_pass' post='user' value='' urlparam='']

but also make sure it's not autogenerated.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by natashaB 7 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Creating an account doesn't seem to store the correct password. If you visit hidden link which displays:
[cred_user_form form='316' form_name='Member Application']
which contains
[cred_field field='user_pass' post='user' value='' urlparam='']

When I input details and register an account, the password won't work to then login. When I input the same details on the default registration form which can be seen through hidden link the password stores fine and logs in fine.

Are you using WooCommerce on that site?

Can you try to follow this DOC and disable registration of WooCommerce?
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/charging-payments-with-cred-to-register-users/ > Setting correct WooCommerce account-creation options

Also, you need to make sure that when creating the CRED Form, you uncheck the option "Autogenerate Password".
That will not only include the ShortCode "[cred_field field='user_pass' post='user' value='' urlparam='']" but also make sure it's not autogenerated.

This works just fine locally, the password set when submitting the CRED "New user Form" is applied.

Thank you, I reinserted the autogenerate form this time with autogenerate password unticked, then deleted the inserted form contents leaving my original code. Setting that tick has done the trick. Perhaps that should be a standalone tickbox on the settings of the form itself rather than only available when inserting the full form again?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.