Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Is there a limit of how many markers can be shown?

This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Leonardo 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I have a map that shows many of my markers, but for some reason the latest ones are not appearing. Only the "old" markers show up.

If I copied the view that I use for the map, and instead of showing them on a map, I show them in a list, I can see all markers, both old and new.
But when I introduce the [wpv-map-render] and [wpv-map-marker] tags, I only see about 130 of them instead of 150. I don't see any trace of them in the HTML of the page.

Is there a limit of how many markers will be shown?

I don't think there is a problem with the View, since many of the markers are showing, but here is the code

[wpv-map-render map_id="map-3"]
	<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
		<wpv-loop>
          [wpv-map-marker map_id="map-3" marker_id="marker-[wpv-post-id]" marker_field="wpcf-marker-address"]
          	<strong>[wpv-post-title output="sanitize"]</strong> [types field="foxg1-birth-year" output="raw"][/types]<br/>
            [wpv-post-taxonomy type="foxg1-type" format="name"]<br/>[types field="foxg1-mutation-details"][/types]
          	[types field="foxg1-gender"][/types]
          [/wpv-map-marker]
		</wpv-loop>

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Leonardo,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

It could be that you have reached your free quota for google maps api.

As far as I can see your view looks fine 🙂

Could you try changing and generating a new API key and see if the others start showing up.

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

I can try, but this is small website for a non-profit.

When I looked at the Google API Dashboard I noticed a large number of errors.

API	Requests	Errors	Error ratio	Latency, median	Latency, 98%	
 Google Maps Geocoding API	384	382	99.48%	— 	— 	Disable
 Google Places API Web Service Private API 	17	0	0%	— 	— 	Disable
 Google Maps JavaScript API	10	0	0%	— 	— 	Disable

The only thing using this key is Toolset. Are these errors common?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Leonardo,

Would you mind allowing me to have a look at the page where this issue is being experienced.

Thanks,
Shane

Sure, how can I send your login?
Maybe you can give me an email you have access to?

Hi, Shane is unavailable today but will return tomorrow to continue helping you. In the meantime, I will enable private reply fields here so you can share login credentials securely here on the forum. Then Shane can get started right away tomorrow.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Leonardo,

Thank you for the credentials. I was able to log in but it seems that this account does not have admin permissions.

Could you update the permissions on the account so that I Can have access to the view?

Thanks,
Shane

Ooops, I'm sorry. Try it again.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Leonardo,

I took a look at this and i saw that all the posts were showing up in the list normally.

All seems fine to me .

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

They show in the list, but they don't show in the map.

Leo

Shane
Supporter

Hi Leonardo,

If all the items are showing then all the markers will be there. I've added the map to the view and it seems that everything is there.
hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 8.35.36 PM.png

That's exactly the issue Shane.
The map does not have them. The source HTML of the map does not have them.

Look at the page you created.
hidden link

#166 in the list is Mohamed-Amine
He is in Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates.

Look at the map, there is no marker in Dubai.
I'm attaching an image showing that there is nothing in the United Arab Emirates. It's just east of Saudi Arabia.

If you look at the source of that page, there is a big difference between marker #165 (which shows in the map) and #166 (which does not):

<li><strong>Sabrina</strong> | Sharon, MA, USA<br>
<div style="display:none" class="wpv-addon-maps-marker js-wpv-addon-maps-marker js-wpv-addon-maps-marker-marker-375 js-wpv-addon-maps-markerfor-map-3" data-marker="marker-375" data-markertitle="Sabrina" data-markerfor="map-3" data-markerlat="42.1236499" data-markerlon="-71.1786237" data-markericon="" data-markericonhover=""></div>
</li>
<li><strong>Mohamed-Amine</strong> | Dubai, United Arab Emirates<br>
</li>

The same view generates both items, why are they different?
#166 is not the only one that is not showing up. In fact, if you create a new marker with your address, it will not show up either. I just created a marker called "Shane TEST" located in Miami, FL.
It's #1 in the list, but it does not show up in the map. Why is that?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Leonardo,

It could be a limit on the amount of visible markers.

Could you try using our clusters functionality so that the markers get grouped?

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/

Scroll down to the "Grouping close markers into clusters" section.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 10.25.33 AM.png

Clustering made the map cleaner (Thanks!), but it still does not show the missing markers.
See picture attached.

I created a new view called Debug that filters the markers to Publish Date of 1999.
It's on the page called zz. Same thing....

When I look at the Google API Console, I'm seeing 404 errors on the Geocoding API.
Could it be that Toolset is trying to reach the wrong URL when it attempts to resolve the location of Dubai?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.