Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Is it possible to show 2 views with 2 forms front-end at the same time on same

This support ticket is created 2 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Pierre 2 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
2-views-2-forms.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to add two views on the same page. And below each view I would like to add a form.
This form is shown front-end and its function is to add a new row of data into the view (a table) above.
I've managed to show the first form for the first view, but the second one just says "No form specified".

I'm starting to believe that it's not even possible to add two forms to the same page? Even-thought the views are different.

What is the link to your site?
Example of page with two views and two forms (only one is working)
hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

How have you added the Views and Forms?

From your description I imagine that the first View and form are for one post type, and the second View and form are for another.

So, say, the first View lists "Project" posts in a table format. Then after the View, you insert a form which publishes Project posts. So when the form is submitted the page reloads, and the new Project post appears in the View.

And you do the same below for a second View and form. This View is to display "Item" posts. The form comes after (outside) the View, and is set to publish "Items". So when you submit the form and the page reloads, the new Item post is included in the table of results.

I would expect this to work without issue.

How have you set up this scenario?

Hi Nigel,
The forms and views are actually added to a template for a custom post type.
But each form/View is connected to Custom Fields Groups. Both these two groups are connected to the same post type.

CPT is called Days.
So I add a new "Day" and it contains views showing ships coming in and out.
Two different CFGs are connected to the post
One for incoming ships (repeatable groups)
The other for outgoing ships (repeatable groups)

The two CFGs are then listed in each view on the post.
Now I want to be able to add new content for each CFG view. It works for the first view but not the second.
I can send you login credentials if you like to see it backend.

Thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Yes, please can you please share problem URL and access detail and share the flow how exactly you want to add the new records and display it with your views and once I will review your current setup I will get back to you with possible solution.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Can you please check now: hidden link

I just moved and added the form using the Form block and I've added it outside the view's block and I can see its working as expected. Can you please confirm it works at your end as well.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!
Works as intended now! I really thought I needed to have the form within the view.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.