Skip Navigation

[Closed] Is it possible to develop a plugin and NOT a theme with EmbeddedToolset?, thx

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Amir 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: develop a plugin and not a theme using Embedded toolset.

I visited this URL: I visited the documentation and noted that the two options are available (Theme/Plugin)

I expected to see: any documentation pertinent to plugins installment.

Instead, I got:

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I'm afraid that we do not have any Docs available for plugins but please allow me to consult our developers on this.

Could you please tell me - are you looking to develop custom plugin with embedded Toolset for your personal use only or are you looking to distribute that plugin later on after development finished?

Amir
Supporter

Right now, the Embedded version of Toolset plugins gives you "read only" access to Toolset designs. Meaning, the developer of the site (or theme) can create Toolset elements (Views, Content Templates, etc.) and end-users cannot change them.

If you want, you can use it now. So far, this Embedded version is used when developers want to freeze designs and not allow end-users to make any changes to sites.

We are going to offer a more flexible way for using Toolset plugins in themes. This is something that we're working on right now and we are planning to offer in about a month.

Theme and plugin developers will be able to include the full Types and Views plugins with their work, including for re-distribution. Users will be able to edit anything without programming and without buying Toolset.

The theme/plugin will include a dedicated version of Views, which only runs with that theme. If people want to use Views on other sites, running different themes, they would need to buy Toolset from us.

Of course, I'll write about this in detail, when it's closer to release.

Does this help?

The topic ‘[Closed] Is it possible to develop a plugin and NOT a theme with EmbeddedToolset?, thx’ is closed to new replies.