Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Integration of the Divi builder inside the Views loop

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 5 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Pat

Hello,

I have tried to use Toolset + Divi and found a case when this integration is not fully completed.

When you work on a Views, I'm OK to use the Divi builder inside the content template. Everything is fine there (just the fact to use the specific Divi shortcodes markers : {!{...}!} is something difficult to work with when you have lots of shortcodes for example).

Now, the issue is that when you work on the Views loop, the Divi builder is no more available and you need to use the Divi shortcodes or classes by hand to create columns for example.

Is there a way we could use the DIvi builder inside the Views loop?

Regards
Pat

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screenshot 2018-11-19 at 12.48.25.png

Hi Pat

You can design content templates with Divi (whether they are standalone templates, or inline templates in a View), which is the only integration anticipated and/or supported.

In the screenshot, the linked template (green) can be edited with Divi.

Are you suggesting that the red section be edited with Divi?

That isn't and would not be possible.

I'm not sure what your use-case is, but you could for example design several templates using Divi and in the wpv-loop section use wpv-conditional shortcodes to insert one of the different templates as required (even though only one template is ever shown inline below the Loop Editor.

Pat

Hi Nigel,

I was effectively speaking of what you placed in red in your sceenshot !

Let say I need to have 3 columns in the loop editor, I'm not able to define them in an easy way. I need to use Divi shortcodes (like [one_half] or [one_half_last]) in order to build such a display.

When you say it's not possible, what is the main issue on this?

In fact, it is strange to me to have 80% of the Views that can be manage thanks to Divi builder and get still the last 20% where we have to apply a "shortcode" solution (in this case, all can be treated thanks to Divi shortcodes - no need to Divi integration !!!).

Regards
Pat

Nigel
Supporter

That editor section requires very particular markup that cannot be changed and which would be lost if you handed control of it over to Divi.

However, it may be possible to use Divi shortcodes within that section: I haven't tested that, you would have to try it and see.

In terms of columns, it may prove helpful to use the Loop Wizard to generate the markup for Bootstrap columns, and then edit the resulting markup so that it uses Divi shortcodes for the grid. If that fails, you would need to examine a sample Divi grid on the front end to understand its grid system (or perhaps they document it), in which case it would be a question of reproducing the same markup in the Loop Output section.

Pat

Hi Nigel,

I'm OK with all you said. Just that this was an improvement proposal and not a blocking point. I can use specific Divi shortcodes inside the loop editor without any issue. My point is more that to me, Divi integration inside Toolset (or the way round !), is not totally finalized if you cannot offer this kind of loop management.
One way to move forward could be to integrate the Divi shortcodes in the Toolset editor (as they are when you work on a page or article without using the Divi builder). This would help to place the Divi shortcodes easily and be able to built columns and different displays just by clicking on the needed shortcodes.
Regards
Pat

New threads created by Nigel and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-integration-of-the-divi-builder-inside-the-views-loop/

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Pat

I split that specific request into a new thread to isolate what is being suggested—making the Divi shortcodes buttons available on the Loop Output editor—and re-assigned to Beda who can take it forward.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.