Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Inserting woocommerce widget into template

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to show related WooCommerce Products in my single Product template.

Solution: Use the wpv-woo-related_products shortcode.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#vf-334594

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by GinaM9227 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
related_tools.jpg
related_woo.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do? I have created a Product Template using Toolset. I would like to insert the widget/shortcode to pull related products at the end of the template. I can do insert the widget if I use Elementor for the same template but I am not sure how to do it with the Toolset template.

Is there any documentation that you are following? I read the documentation that it is possible to insert shortcode into the Toolset Template but I am not sure what the Related Products shortcode is. When I use Elementor, this is available as a widget that I can insert in the appropriate section.

Is there a similar example that we can see? See attached the screenshot where the Related Product widget is. I would like to insert this same widget into my Toolset template in area circled.

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 2.05.20 PM.png

Hi, in the Single Product template you can use the wpv-woo-related_products shortcode:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#vf-334594
You can insert this shortcode in the template by clicking Fields and Views, then searching for related products. See the attachment here.

related_products.jpg

Thanks very much for the tip. It seems to work. The only issue is that I would like to remove the Title of the Related Products Widget and instead use Similar Events. How do I move the circled widget title? See attached screenshot

There's no setting to turn that header off, but you can use CSS to hide it. The specific code depends on your theme to some extent. You can try adding this CSS in your Content Template's CSS editor:

.related.products > h2 {
 display:none; 
}

If that does not hide the header, I would need to see it in the browser so I can determine the appropriate overrides that work for your site.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.