Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Infinite scroll on archive pages

This support ticket is created 8 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Gerald Ferreira 8 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Ross Fisher.

Author

Hello,

I am trying to add infinite scrolling pagination to my wordpress archives and I cannot understand how to do it. I also tried with jetpack infinite scroll function, but it loads a default archive layout and not my custom archive view. Any idea?

Thank you for contacting Toolset support, I'd be delighted to assist!

Infinite scrolling is pretty cool to have! We recently added this to views and released a blog post about it: https://toolset.com/version/views-1-11/

Make sure you have the latest versions installed and try section "Infinite Scrolling" in the link above. Let me know if it works for you!

Yes, Ross. Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the section 'Pagination' is not enabled on WordPress archive views. So I am stuck!

No worries, allow me a bit to setup a local test site to verify. I'll be back shortly!

I appreciate bringing this up to us, I personally feel as if it would be a great addition to Toolset!

What I have done is opened a ticket with our developers on this wanted functionality. I can't promise when or if it will make it into Toolset but we can keep tabs on if it does by following along with our changelogs at: https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Yes, I agree 100% what is the use of infinite scroll if it is not working on archive views! - I need this urgently

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.