Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Include Toolset View in Mailchimp?

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by joostH-2 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I regularly create Mailchimp campaigns with an overview of the latest articles on my site, including title, excerpt, featured images and link. This is always a LOT of work, prone with errors.

I have this dream: can I create a Toolset View on my website and copy/paste the HTML code to Mailchimp, along with some appropriate HTML? Is there a way to do that?

If your notifications can handle ShortCodes, like Toolset Forms Notifications, then you can simply add that View's ShortCode to the notification body.

But if not, then there is no way unless programmatically (which we could not support) to display a Views result on such a template.

Thanks Beda for your quick reply.

Let me check if I understand you correctly. As I understand, you are referring to a mail/notification system that should run on my site and that system should recognize Toolset shortcodes, right?

That's not what I dreamed of. I was dreaming of using Mailchimp as mail platform and creating HTML for that on my site. Your implicit verdict seems to be: keeping dreaming but forget it.

It was worth a try....

Joost

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Joost,

As Beda mentioned if your mailchimp plugin can handle shortcodes when its sending off the emails then it should work.

If you're setting up the notifications on the mailchimp website itself then this won't work because shortcodes are only processed within wordpress.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks, I understand. Off-topic for this site, but do you perhaps have a suggestion for a suitable mailchimp plugin that could handle this?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.