Skip Navigation

[Resolved] In Layout edit, using Visal Editor, buttons for Fields and Views are not present

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
In a Layouts Visual Editor cell the Fields and Views button is missing.

Solution:
Views is not active. The Fields and Views button is generated by Views.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Author
toolset-layout-missing-button.png

I am trying to:
Add Post fields in the Layout edit screen using the Visual Editor. The buttons are not found. I am using the latest version of Divi.
I visited this URL:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Zarrar

Could I please get the debug info for your site? (https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/)

And from your screenshot I see the username of Editor. What role does that user have?

For your other question, the user name Editor is actually just the user name for the Administrator with full access. Thank you for your help.

Perhaps I should tell you the backstory of what I am trying to achieve:

1- Recreate the Woocommerce Products layout template
2- Need to a add a Essentail Grid code that fetches related products.
a) I tried to put this code in a layout cell, but it does not work as it is PHP
b) The other option is to add the code in the actual template file.
3 This is the code:
----------------------------------------------- BEGIN ------
$ess_product_id = get_the_ID();
$ess_product_terms = get_the_terms( $ess_product_id, 'product_cat' );
foreach ($ess_product_terms as $ess_product_term) {
$ess_product_cat_id[] = $ess_product_term->term_id;
}
$ess_products_args = array(
'post_type' => 'product',
'post__not_in' => array($ess_product_id),
'tax_query' => array(
array(
'taxonomy' => 'product_cat',
'field' => 'term_id',
'terms' => $ess_product_cat_id,
'operator' => 'IN'
),
),
);

$ess_loop = new WP_Query( $ess_products_args );
while ( $ess_loop->have_posts() ) : $ess_loop->the_post();
$ess_list[] = get_the_id();
endwhile;
if(!empty($ess_list)){
echo do_shortcode('[ess_grid alias="related-prods" posts="' . implode(',', $ess_list) . '"]');
}

--------------------------------- END
4 - I know Views can create a related products slider as well. I have not delved into that so far because everything has been done with Essential Grid.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Zarrar

Thanks for supplying the debug info.

It seems fairly clear that the reason you are not seeing the Fields and Views button in a Visual Editor cell in Layouts is because you are not using the Views plugin (and the Fields and Views button is a feature of Views).

Then you will be able to use Views shortcodes such as wpv-woo-related_products (https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-woo-related_products).

If you want advice on customising the WooCommerce product pages (beyond what is provided in the documenation at https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/getting-started-woocommerce-views/) you'll need to open a new ticket, I'm afraid, support policy is to have one issue per thread.

Thanks for your cooperation.

woo-layout-issue.png

Thank you for the reply. Initially all the Toolset plugins were active. The following image shows an error that had persisted. I experimented to turn off all Toolset plugins and then turn them on one by one. Somehow that seems to have solved the issue and everything woks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.