Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Improve performance

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi,

I'm having some performance issues, which are more significant in one specific template.

I have a template called Tours, which basically displays a lot of data on a specific place (country, city, attraction, etc.).
When I edit this template, the server CPU reaches 100%. I tried upgrading the server but got the same issues.
On top of that, it's loading pretty slow in the front end as well.

Is there any way to load and display part of the page, and delay the loading of some items until users click on a button (e.g. an accordion) or when he scrolls down?

You can see a sample page at: hidden link

Thanks,
Nadav

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

The performance of the views/blocks is depends on the many things like how good your server resources are, your internet connection, the number of filters you added to your view/block as well as the content. In general, performance obviously affects the site speed when you have number of custom post type setup with the number of taxonomies as well as custom fields with number of post relationships.

In other words, it depends also on your server configuration (memory,cashing) as well as number of other factors such as how complex your data structure is.

You should try to raise the memory for your WordPress by adding the following lines of code to your wp-config.php file:

define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '1024M' );
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '1024M' );

As you shared reference, there are number of performance tools available either caching or lazyload etc.. you should try to find such addon plugins and install it and play with it and see if you able to see any improvements. If you need any help from experts you are welcome to contact our certified partners:
=> https://toolset.com/contractors/

Thanks.
The addition to config.php helped a bit.

Do you have any specific caching or lazyload you know works best with Toolset? I already use WP Rocket but there's no control in the level I mentioned in the ticket.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Usually users to with Cache plugins which fits best per their requirement as well as Toolset do not offer any lazyload feature, you will have to check and search for such plugin that offers this feature.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.