Skip Navigation

[Closed] Imported Related Posts from CSV, but they aren't connecting to exiting posts

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
realted-post2.png
related-posts3.png
realted-post4.png
related-posts.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?

We have 21 Conveyor lines and 109 Accessories. Some accessories work for multiple conveyor lines, some work for just one. I would like to set up the Accessories Posts so they are related to the Conveyor line pages, and use that to display them as related posts at the bottom of the page. I have the views kind of set up, but I can't get them to work because it looks like the Post Relations aren't connecting to my existing posts, but just making a bunch of new ones. when I first set up the view I set it to only show the posts related to that Accessory, but it showed a wall of conveyor line headers that repeated for every Accessory.

I've already deleted the content template and view but I think you'll see where it looks like the related posts aren't connecting, and I have a bunch of php errors.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

I've been trying to piece this together with:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/many-to-many-relationship-using-csv/
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/import-csv-ultimate-csv-importer-plugin/
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/displaying-related-posts/
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/many-to-many-post-relationships/#:~:text=To%20set%2Dup%20many%2Dto,choose%20the%20posts%20to%20connect.&text=One%20of%20the%20wizard%20step,many%2Dto%2Dmany%20relationships

And a handful of other forums, but nothing seems to be working because of the post relations not connecting smoothly.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

I'm not sure what this means.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

First of all, I would like to know that can you please confirm that you able to import the many-to-many related posts successfully? If yes: what method/plugin you are using to import the many-to-many post relationship posts?

If posts are successfully imported, then there must be the issue with the filer you added to filter your view to display the related posts.

Can you please share one example post where you want to display the related posts and admin access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Are you sure this message are is private? It looks like everyone can definitely see it and I'm trying to send you a login link rather than login information.

I've been working on this issue more, and for some reason I can get the relationships to import to the "Accessories", but it doesn't look like they are actually connecting to the information on the "Core Products" information in a way that allows it to display. I found a post saying to go to Toolset > Import/Export to validate the relationships, but they aren't showing up there either. The way the relationships look after import is the same as the screenshot I sent earlier. The related posts listed on the accessories posts are all empty and not actually connected to the core product posts. I have my .csv set up correctly, I'm using Ultimate CSV Importer Pro.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

The topic ‘[Closed] Imported Related Posts from CSV, but they aren't connecting to exiting posts’ is closed to new replies.