Skip Navigation

[Resolved] import via csv custom post with check box field

This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to:

import custom custom post via csv
my issue is to import the check box options

<wp:meta_key><![CDATA[wpcf-sleeves]]></wp:meta_key>
<wp:meta_value><![CDATA[a:1:{s:64:"wpcf-fields-checkboxes-option-b0ae66c5ba710294429bb87d29fd959a-1";s:1:"1";}]]></wp:meta_value>

i can import all filed but not the ones that have check box option

like here the gown
hidden link
has Neckline: Off-The-Shoulder and Modest

I visited this URL:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Types stored checkbox values as serialized array. So, you can't use this plugin to import checkboxes.
The workaround is to replace checkboxes with custom taxonomy.

Create custom taxonomy and then import values from your CSV file. Please refer to the following link that may help you:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/best-way-to-import-custom-taxonomies-in-csv/#post-61878

ok
but now here is my isuue

i already have 200 product uploaded
if i create now some custom taxonomy how is it going to affect my previous custom post?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***

The best way for you is to use phpMyAdmin or GUI tools for database and query and find your 200 entries and delete it from database from all tables.

Once you make sure that all 200 entries as well as related data is deleted, after that you should create a taxonomy and try to import your data again.

Adminer plugin is available that also provide you GUI veiw for your database.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/adminer/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.