Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Images not displaying in gallery within post – Divi and Toolest

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kevinS-30 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: Get the gallery plugin to display on my template

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: A Series of images from the back end presented in a gallery on the front end ( I see the images in the back end )

Instead, I got: A series of unrendered short codes with the format [types index="0" field="centre-gallery-images" size="full" output="normal"][/types] displaying on the page - ie the codes are not rendering ?

Ive looked for solutions and there are a couple of posts about Elementor - And I've tried a few things - but no joy .

Any ideas please ...( thanks in advance )

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for getting in touch.

How are the shortcodes being added to the page ? Can you send me a screenshot so that I can have a look ?

Thanks,
Shane

toolset screenshot back end editor.jpeg
Toolset Screenshot.jpeg

Hi Shane - thanks for getting back to me

The Item in question is in a template ( centres ) and uses a repeating image field in the back end ( Centre Gallery Images )

This is rendered On the front end using a toolset gallery block .

As you can see the images render in the template ( toolset screenshot back end editor.jpg ) but renders as some sort of code - with no images on the front end ( toolset screenshot.jpg )

I have tried cache clearing and private windows and even re-adding the gallery a few times but the result is always the same.

Only thing I can think of is a plugin issue or something to do with the new Divi Performance updates - but hopefully you can determine if it is curable ?

The issue seems to be cross browser

Update - it seems to be when the gallery block is placed in a column - the same images render as image when placed below the colums structure ( page updated and left live so you can see what I mean ) - second gallery is placed outside

Many Thanks
Kevin

Shane
Supporter

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the update.

Would you mind providing me with a copy of the site so that I can test it here locally to see if the same issue remains? I suspect either some server limit or conflict of some sort.

I've enabled the private fields for you to provide the site copy. The link below contains the instructions on how you can provide me with a copy of the site.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane - I am Having problems duplicating the site with duplicator - keeps timing out .

It is midnight in UK and I need to speak to the guys that set the server limits so this will have to wait - will sort tomorrow...

Thanks for your help so far - hopefully I can get this to you tomorrow.

Have a Great day

kev

Shane
Supporter

Hi Kevin,

Have any update on this one for me ?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane Apologies - it was a bank holiday here and I couldn't get duplicator to make a site backup ..

I have this now at: it is a duplicator backup - I had to use DupArchive format - but assume you have duplicator at your end so should work fine

hidden link

It seems like with gallery that the toolset gallery plugin does not work correctly when placed in a column but does work correctly when placed below the column structure

you can see the result at hidden link - in the column the front end renders code - below the column it renders the galley ..

Hopefully you can help

Thanks for your patience

Shane
Supporter

Hi Kevin,

It would appear that this column block has been corrupted somehow as when I did a quick test and add a new columns block and then add a new gallery block to that column it shows up fine on the frontend.

I would recommend removing this existing column and remake it. This should resolve the issue as it did for me.

Thanks,
Shane

Yes this solved the problem

In retrospect there were some off behaviors in that column - all gone now !

Live and Learn

Thanks for your support and patience

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.