Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add a Views loop Item

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How can I use a Content Template in a Views loop?

Solution:
The best is to assign one while you create the Loop using the Loop Wizard.
This process will ask you whether or not to group the fields in a Content Template, which will then create the Template uniquely assigned to this view for you.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-a-view-template-in-a-view-layout/

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Elsie 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
loop-item-issue.png

I am trying to: add a loop item content template to a view

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (password: <removed>)

I expected to be able to connect the loop item template to the view, but it's not letting me. It actually needs to be connected to a repeatable group, but I'm not seeing the option for that. I've done this successfully on another site, so I'm not sure why I'm having issues on this one. Same theme even!

Instead, I got:

It's not possible to connect a Content Template to a Loop Item like this, and it is also not possible to assign a Content Template to Repeatable Field Groups at all.

What you can do, is assign a Content Template to a View (even if the View queries Repeatable Field Groups) as Loop Item.

But to do so, you need to open the View where you want that Content Template to apply, and then scroll down to the Loop Editor.
There either use the "Loop Wizard" to create a new Loop (which will by default also create a new Content Template as Loop Item) or click the "Content Template" button and choose either an existing one or create a new.

Does this resolve the issue?

Hey there! Thanks so much for your response. I did the wizard, and now they look to be connected correctly. However, I'm still not getting anything to show up on my post. I added 3 images that should be showing up. I can see that the Toolset code is in the page code. I can't imagine what is still wrong. hidden link (password "mm")

This is a new problem, and I am not sure what you refer to, because I do not see how or where you added what image with what feature.

Can you add a new ticket and explain the problem, what you did and expected, and what you received as a result instead?

Thanks!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.