Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I would like to have an option to type into "select" box using parametric search

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

My site url: hidden link

I would like to change "Kody pocztowe" standard select input to something like here:

hidden link

It's something similar but better than standard one. I can start to type in SELECT and then it starts to prompt me the right choose.

Is there any way to make "select" input type in views to work also for "typing". The same way like select2 works?

I really, really need that 🙁

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Forb,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Unfortunately this won't be possible without some addition of custom codes, I've attempted to use the code provided in the link to see if it works but I was not able to get it to work.

However you may try it on your site by adding the following to your js editor for your view.

jQuery(document).ready(function() {
  jQuery(".js-wpv-filter-trigger").select2();
});

As this is something that is out of the scope of our support forum.

I would highly recommend contacting one of our certified partners in order to get better assistance with this.
https://toolset.com/consultant/

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.