Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I would like to display the value of a custom field (or two) in the admin interf

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user wanted to display their custom fields on their post admin screens.

Solution:
This can actually be done by going to Toolset -> Post Types and editing your CPT then under the area "Post Fields to be shown as columns in Post Type listing in WordPress Admin" you can select the Custom field you want to display.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.60 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by johnG-13 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 2.05.35 PM.png

I'd like to create a custom field that would hold a "delete date" for my custom post type. And I'd like to view this date when managing the custom post type in the WordPress admin interface (screenshot attached). I've checked the Screen Options, but none of my custom fields are listed. Is there a way to view a custom field in this interface?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

This can actually be done by going to Toolset -> Post Types and editing your CPT then under the area "Post Fields to be shown as columns in Post Type listing in WordPress Admin" you can select the Custom field you want to display.

Please let me know if I was able to resolve this issue for you.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks -- perfect answer!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.