Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I want to remove wp default post title and date

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: remove default wp post title and date of post from all toolset custom listings

hidden link

I also want the additional gallery images to display inline rather than below each other?

Is it possible for these images to display in rows and be responsive like the featured image?

maincontent.png

Hi, when using Layouts and Genesis together, you have two basic integration options:
1. Activate the Toolset Genesis Integration plugin to allow Layouts full control over your site design, including the ability to create your own headers and footers that do not include the default title from Genesis.
2. Do not use the Genesis integration plugin and allow Layouts to control the main content area of each post. See the attached screenshot for a visual representation of the main content area on your site.

The drawback of option 1 is that you must recreate your entire site design in Layouts including the header, footer, navigation, etc. Most people don't take this approach because they're fairly happy with the overall structure generated by Genesis.

The drawback of option 2 is that the header, footer, and other page elements outside the main content area are not manageable in Layouts. What you're seeing is the default page title applied by Genesis, and Layouts has no control over that area. To change the design of the area outside the main content, you must create your own custom PHP template files that work in the Genesis framework.

I hope this helps explain the options for using Genesis and Layouts together. Let me know if you have additional questions about this.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.