Skip Navigation

[Closed] I want to keep using Views, Blocks UI doesn't work well with WordPress

This support ticket is created 2 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I've used Toolset for 8 or so years. What I love most is the ability to use my theme's shortcodes in the LOOP of my Toolset code. Everything was great when I could use the Views plugin. Now, new installs allow for Blocks using the terrible Guttenberg interface. I've disable Guttenberg and turned on the classic editor plugin, disabled Blocks and turned on the Classic Views Plugin (downloaded from my account page) and archive pages don't work. I can see the items in the query using debug, but the page is blank. I was concerned that maybe the the_content hook wasn't being called in the archive.php page, so I created a archive-%custom-post%.php page for my post type. The <h2> tag I added shows fine, so I know the template is applied, but the loop is not being displayed. Something is goofy with the blocks vs. views. PLEASE HELP!

This is mission critical for my operations. The Blocks plugin, while not your fault, is an awful interface. I'm so used to the wizard to generate the code and the ability to add theme shortcodes to the loop items.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Russell,

Thank you for getting in touch.
Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that I can have a more detailed look at this for you ?

Please where applicable please provide me with a link to an example page where I can see the issue.

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

The topic ‘[Closed] I want to keep using Views, Blocks UI doesn't work well with WordPress’ is closed to new replies.