Skip Navigation

[Closed] I want to hide admin menu items for custom role

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 8 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 8 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to hide menu items in the admin menu when a user with a custom role login. I thought Access would give me access to show/hide which menu items (like Dashboard, Posts, Media, Pages, Comments, Profile,Tools etc) is shown once the user has logged in.

I have really only created a custom role, created a user with that role and logged in as that user. All menus are visible to the user.

I have no idea how to control this behavoir, so any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Morten F. Thomsen
Norway

Dear Morten,

It is possible within Access, you can try create a custom user role with level 0 (Subscriber), and assign the specific user into the custom user role. Then the user should not be able to see (like Dashboard, Posts, Media, Pages, Comments,Tools etc), which can only manage their profile.

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/managing-wordpress-admin-capabilities-access/
https://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities#Summary_of_Roles

Summary of Roles
Super Admin – somebody with access to the site network administration features and all other features. See the Create a Network article.
Administrator – somebody who has access to all the administration features within a single site.
Editor – somebody who can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users.
Author – somebody who can publish and manage their own posts.
Contributor – somebody who can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them.
Subscriber – somebody who can only manage their profile.

The topic ‘[Closed] I want to hide admin menu items for custom role’ is closed to new replies.