Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I want to add the Word Press content body to a Form

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

How to add post content as a text box in the form.

Solution:

Make sure that you go to Toolset > Post Types and select the post type in question, and scroll down to check the "Sections to display when editing" section and make sure the "Editor" option is checked as that is the section that shows the post content.

After that, there is an option called POST TYPE NAME content which is a dynamic field that is already added to the form when you add the post form. It is not a custom field)

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jay 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author

Jay

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a CPT called Film Locations, the description has to be the standard WP content body as I need to be able to use excerpts elsewhere in different pages.

But when creating a User Form it doesn't allow for a field from WP. (I know the wizard is meant for generic fields)
I want the user to be able to add their description right to the WP content body field via the form.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/front-end-forms-for-adding-content/

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

editor.png
frontend.png
post.png

Hi there,

There is an option called POST TYPE NAME content which is a dynamic field which is already added to the form when you add the post form.

For example, I have a post type Property and there is a field called Property Content that can be used to add the main content of the post. (It is not a custom field) (Check post.png)

Also, the same content field is available when you create an edit form. (check frontend.png)

If you do not see that option in the form please make sure that your toolset plugins are all up to date:

- IMPORTANT STEP! Create a backup of your website.
- Go to "WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add new > Commercial (tab)".
- Update Toolset and its addons there.

Also, make sure that you go to Toolset > Post Types and select post type in question, and scroll down to check the "Sections to display when editing" section and make sure the "Editor" option is checked as that is the section which shows the post content. (editor.png)

Thanks.

Jay

Christopher is a star. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.