Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to use Themify and Toolset together

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How should I use Themify and Toolset together?

Solution: Deactivate Layouts, since Themify and Layouts are not fully compatible.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to:

user Themify to design my websites
When I work on my site, I'm constantly having to turn off the toolset builder and turn my themify on.
I only need toolset to build an online form for my client. I don't use it for anything else.
Now I'm thinking they might be interfering with each other. I don't want issues with my site and will these builders slow my site down?

Hi, I would deactivate all Toolset plugins except Types and Forms. Themify and Layouts aren't fully integrated, so we don't recommend using them together. If you need to use Forms to edit posts, then Views may be required. However, if you only need to use Forms to create posts, create Users, or edit User profiles, then Views may not be required. Let me know if you have questions about that and we can discuss in more detail.

I actually had someone create my form for me to use on the site for the website owners to add their Puppies for sale, upload pictures, add details without having to login to the backend of wordpress. I love how it looks and works.
But I'm not sure what all he used to create what I need on this site.
Could you look at my backend of the site and see how it is set up and what I could eliminate. He did not know anything about the theme I used, so that is why I'm concerned. I purchased toolset, hoping I could use it with the Themify themes.
I also wanted to add a field to embed youtube video to the site but not sure where or how to add that field.
Here is one of my sites he created the submission form here if you'd please look at it for me.

thank you so much for helping me.

- credentials hidden by admin -

It looks like the Views plugin is required to display the list of puppies here:
hidden link
So I would keep the Views plugin active.

Layouts is not being used for anything right now, so I would deactivate the Layouts plugin, too. First, though, you should disassociate all the current Layouts so you don't have any residual conflicts. Go to Toolset > Layouts and hover over each Layout. Click the link "Change Layout Use" and make sure all the checkboxes are unchecked. Then you can deactivate the Layouts plugin safely.

I also wanted to add a field to embed youtube video to the site but not sure where or how to add that field.
You can add custom fields to posts by going to Toolset > Post Fields. There you can edit the existing post fields, or add to an existing post field group, or create a new field group. Then the fields will appear in the post editor screen.

To display the new field in a CRED form, you must edit the CRED form and click "Add Post Fields", then find the custom field you want to insert.

Then to display the new field on the front-end of the site, you can use the Types field shortcodes above any WYSIWYG editor field.

If you have additional questions about adding a new field, please create a new ticket. We try to address one issue per ticket, and I would like to keep this ticket focused on how Themify and Toolset should be used together.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.