Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to add Pagination on the bottom of the Loop

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How can I add the pagination to the bottom of my loop instead of on the top?

Solution:
You can add pagination to the Loop editor, after the closing tag.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-pagination/

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bryanC-2 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I've paginated a few Views now with no problem.

I put the pagination controls in the "Loop Editor Output" only and below the loop because I want the controls to be at the bottom of the page. I have had no problem with this.

I keep getting a popup at the "Filter Editor" saying that I have to still put in Pagination controls in this box. When I do as the instructions says, it gives me an additional set of pagination controls at the top of the page that I do not want.

The way I am doing this by adding "the controls only in the "Loop Editor" seems to work fine but am I asking for trouble?

Is there a correct way to add the controls where there is only one set of controls at the bottom of the page.

I'm not really sure if I have a problem here or not.

Thank
Bryan

It's no problem to do that.

It's not the "designed" way, you could perhaps get into trouble at the point where you would need to add JS Hooks at the moment pagination triggers since this JS Hooks are only available in the named Filter Editor, but this is mostly not needed.

There is not other way, to display the Pagination at the bottom of your Loop, other than adding it at the bottom of the Loop.

One only way exists, but that would also put the entire Filters at the bottom of your Loop, and that is to inverse the sequence of Loop and Filter in your "Filter and Loop Output Integration Editor".

And this is not what you want.

So you can safely proceed with this approach.

Thanks Beda,

I don't see building hooks on top of what I have so I will let it be.

Good information.

Thanks
Bryan

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.