Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I need to import csv files with data and map with custom postv type

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Roberto Ciccolella 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
In want to import a csv data file

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I read various posts but they are not very clear

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

I would like to import the data of the table in the above page to be displayed by the Views at the bottom
see this:
hidden link

Can you suggest anything?

Thanks
Best Regards

Sorry, I don't quite understand. I must be missing something. At the link you provided, I currently see a sortable table of Suspended Players. This table is rendered by Views, according to the page source markup.

In the screenshot you posted, I see a similar design that shows a list of players with similar information, except a couple of columns are different.

You said:
I would like to import the data of the table in the above page to be displayed by the Views at the bottom
I'm not clear why you need to import a CSV file of data - this table is already displaying the data from your current posts, so why does it need to be re-imported? Why not just create a new table View that displays the correct information?

Sorry Christian,
Since I was in rush had no time for wait for a reply .... I found an article in this site about the CSV importer plugin followed the instructions and was able to import the database records in the backend assigned to the suspended players post type. Not all values of the records were imported correctly and it look like the date field doesn't get the values but overall I was happy with the result.
Many thanks
Roberto

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.