Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I need to create a CRED edit form and have a Groups of Repeating Fields

This support ticket is created 5 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by filipeP-2 5 years, 11 months ago.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
All my website is made to the user in the front-end. I need to make possible add Groups of Repeating Fields in the front (I have in the backend)

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Is very bad have to create a new custom field for every Groups of Repeating Fields, you should make possible group and make it in the same custom post. Like I will need to create 10 differents custom posts to have all groups I need.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

<access details removed from public>

I think these tickets describe the same need as you outline:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/huge-limitation-in-the-new-repeatablee-fields-groups/
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/edit-field-groups-with-cred-forms/

With classic Post Forms, you cannot add new repeating Fields Groups to a post.
You can only add new Repeating Field Groups as a "standalone" form, hence, that form will address solely the repeating field group.

With this, you can easily add repeating fields group to a post, as it will apply to the post you select in the Form.

There will be further developed in regard, but for the current release, it is not possible to add those groups directly within the post form of the new or edited post.

But you can, for example, let the user create a post with the Post Form, redirect that Form to any page or post where you insert the Repeating Fields Group form, where then all groups can be added to the post.

The new version fix the problem, Would be great if group repet fields could be used in front editing forms too.

I change my system so now to edit go to backend, the main idea was do everything in the frontend.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.