Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I need a front end edit form that only overwrites on approval

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beth 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am building a database of meetings with a front end Add Meeting form for public use. I need an Edit This Meeting form, but instead of the Edit form overwriting everything in the existing meeting, I want to be able to approve the edits first, then overwrite and publish. The reason is we have to check the submission before publishing. If the data is overwritten, we have no way of knowing what was changed and no way to revert back to the previous version if someone submits incorrect data either by mistake or deliberate sabotage (which does happen).

If only revisions worked with custom fields or if there was a way to hold the edited data and only overwrite the meeting on approval. There is a cool module called Revisionize, but there is no way to get that to work with Toolset on the front end. Do I have any options?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Haven't found anything.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Beth,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Unfortunately this is not something that be done with our Toolset Forms plugin. The plugin will overwrite the content directly and not allow for a review period before updating the content.

The most that can be done is that an email can be sent mentioning that the content has been updated.

Thanks,
Shane

Is there any plan to make something like this possible? It seems to me that integrating Revisionize into Toolset Forms would be so useful.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.