Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I have disabled the post title, however, the metadata is still visible.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to hide the post author and post date information from a single post template.

Solution: Unfortunately there is no corresponding theme option to hide this information, but you could use some CSS to turn the display off:

#left-area .et_pb_post.type-fabricante .post-meta {
  display:none;
}
This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Francisco Ramón Molina Busquiel 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
metadata.png

Hi,

I have disabled the post title in Toolset Template (fabricantes), however, the metadata is still visible.
hidden link
hidden link

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Jose

You have disabled the post title, and the post title does not appear. This appears to be working correctly. There is currently no theme option that controls the author and date metadata. You could add some custom CSS to your template to hide those:

#left-area .et_pb_post.type-fabricante .post-meta {
  display:none;
}

Hi Chritian,
It would be very interesting if you included that option in Toolset, since normally in all pages you have to disable the title and metadata, it doesn't make much sense to have to put a CSS every time.
Thanks.
Regards,
Jose

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jose,

Christian, is currently out today but will be back tomorrow to continue to help you resolve this issue.

Thank,
Shane

Ok. Thanks Shane.

I agree, this would be a great feature to add to the software. I encourage you to submit your request here so our management knows you would like to see this theme option setting added in a future version of the Toolset suite: https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

Thanks for your input!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.