Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I have created view of users and need to add link to the user cred edit form

This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Author

I am trying to: have a list of users with a link to the edit user cred form

I visited this URL:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got: I can see the list of users but when I click the link it does not filter to the user details on the Cred form which is part of another view.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 09.55.05.png

Hi Oliver

I'm not sure how you are displaying your edit user form from your question, but you need to specify the user in your original View which lists users.

In that first View, when you insert the CRED edit user shortcode, in the advanced settings (shown in the screenshot) you need to specify any user for the purposes of inserting the shortcode, it doesn't matter which (in my example it is user 2).

Now edit the shortcode which is inserted, and use the Fields and Views button to insert the shortcode for the User ID of the current user in the loop, so that your CRED link shortcode will now look something like this:

[cred_link_user_form form='edit-user' form_name='Edit User' user='[wpv-user field="ID"]' text='Edit %TITLE%' target='_self']

That will pass the ID of the required user to the edit user form.

Is that the issue?

If not, please describe where you are displaying the user form.

Super thanks.

This opens the form within the list. How can I get it to open as a separate page?
thanks
Oliver

Nigel
Supporter

In the "How to display the user form" section did you specify Insert a link to edit or Insert the form itself?

Can you show me the shortcode you have inserted in the loop output of your Users view?

Here you go: [cred_link_user_form form='host-family-edit' form_name='Host Family Edit' user='[wpv-user field="ID"]' text='Edit %TITLE%' target='_self']

Thanks
Oliver

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Oliver

I tried to get this working and couldn't, so I checked and we already have an internal ticket for this, there is a bug, and the issue is currently being worked on so that it hopefully won't be too long before a fix is available.

I'll update you when I have some news.

Any update on this issue?

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Oliver

I checked the internal ticket for this and the issue is not yet resolved, but it states the intention is to publish an errata when it is. I suggest you monitor the errata page (https://toolset.com/errata/) for updates.

(I will update you when I see that it has been published, but I have some vacation next week so you might want to keep an eye on that page.)

I have nudged the developers to get an update.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Oliver

We released updated versions of our Toolset plugins, including CRED, last week and this issue should have been resolved.

Can you please upgrade and re-test and let me know if you still experience the problem.

Thanks for your patience.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.