Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I get a bunch of errors when installing MAPS – it says I need cURL?

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to:Install maps plugin

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Perry,

Thank you for getting in touch.

The only error I was able to see was "OTGS Installer, responsible for receiving automated updates for WPML and Toolset, requires the following PHP component(s) in order to function:cURL"

Yes the OTGS installer requires curl so that it can run the script that periodically checks if there are updates to the toolset components, so I would recommend that you activate the curl module on your server.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane -- we added cURL -- and that error has disappeared. Now when I click on settings I get this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method ToolsetCommonEs\Rest\API::rest_api_init() in /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/blocks/server/routes.php:95 Stack trace: #0 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): ToolsetBlocks\{closure}('') #1 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(312): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array) #2 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/toolset-maps/vendor/toolset/common-es/php/Block/Style/Responsive/ToolsetSettings.php(28): do_action('rest_api_init') #4 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(290): ToolsetCommonEs\Block\Style\Responsive\ToolsetSettings->callback_toolset_filter_toolset_register_settings_general_section(Array) #5 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(206): WP_Hook->apply_filters(Array, Array) #6 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/toolset-common in /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/blocks/server/routes.php on line 95

Shane
Supporter

Hi Perry,

I see that you have outdated toolset plugins.

Could you perform a full update of all the plugins and let me know if the error still remains.

Thanks,
Shane

So I have the latest plugins of ToolSets. When I go to add a custom taxonomy to my "Commerical Projects" post, there is an error in the "Post types to be used with this Taxonomy"--

Here is the error that appears in that section:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mb_strtolower() in /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/includes/classes/class.types.admin.page.php:689 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Types_Admin_Page->sort_by_title_helper(Array, Array) #1 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/includes/classes/class.types.admin.page.php(652): usort(Array, Array) #2 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/includes/classes/class.types.admin.edit.taxonomy.php(657): Types_Admin_Page->sort_by_title(Array) #3 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-admin/includes/template.php(1343): Types_Admin_Edit_Taxonomy->box_post_types(NULL, Array) #4 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/admin.php(1784): do_meta_boxes(Object(WP_Screen), 'normal', NULL) #5 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/admin.php(725): wpcf_admin_screen('toolset_page_wp...', '<input type="hi...') #6 /home/rpccdev/p in /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/includes/classes/class.types.admin.page.php on line 689

Shane
Supporter

Hi Perry,

The reason you are getting this is because the mbstring module is not enabled on your server.

I would recommend contacting your hosting provider and asking them to activate this for you.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.