Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I can't use the "Fields and Views" button to add fields to a view

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by peterv-5 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 3.27.29 PM (3).png
Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 3.27.23 PM (3).png

I am trying to add a field to a view using the "Fields and Views" button in the "Templates for this View" section of a View.

I click the "Fields and Views" button,
I click on the custom field I want to add,
the page goes dim with an overlay, specifically this:

<div id="cboxOverlay" style="opacity: 1; cursor: auto; visibility: visible; display: none;" class="js-wpcf-colorbox-with-iframe"></div>

I expected to see some attributes to edit or dialog box (that usually accompanies the background page going dim).

Instead, I got:
Nothing, just a dim page. When I click it, it goes away and nothing has happened.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

It's a strange issue and it's not a normal behaviour of the button. I suspect it's related to compatibility. Though, to ensure that:

1)
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as with the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

2)
Could you please send me debug information that will help us to investigate your issue.
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Indeed it was a conflict of some time.

Once I find out what was the conflict I'll report back - just so you know.

(I should have tried that first! Lame of me! But I thought I had tried it before a while ago... <sigh>)

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.