Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I am trying to understand Module Manager

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to:

Disable Module Manager. I do not think we need it

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

It is part of a client's site: hidden link

I expected to see:

Module Manager appears as a tab, yet it is not installed as a plugin. I also had CRED installed, but I have deactivated it, and yet it still appears. Documentation is not clear on how it is activated.

Instead, I got:

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As I understand you see the tab for module manager at Toolset => Settings page even though module manager plugin is deactivated? If yes - I just checked with my test install and I do not see any module manager tab.

As I can see you are using Cache plugin, this might be due to cache or needs basic investigation.
1)
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

2)
Could you please share information where you see the module manager tab. Few screenshots will be helpful to understand your issue.

Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 5.02.00 PM.png

As you can see from the picture, it does not appear under Toolset, but rather at the same top level position.

Using a local development version, I have even deactivated CRED, since I found in the code references to it there, and yet it is still appearing.

Minesh
Supporter

I just activated Module manager on my install and I've Toolset latest plugins installed and activated but I do not see this issue on this end.

Is there any specific steps I need to follow to reproduce the issue?

FIrst off, I do not have a Module Manager installed. How is it activated?

Minesh
Supporter

I checked with both - Module manager install and activated and deactivated but I do not see the menu item in left admin menu as per your install.

Would it help if I gave you access? I do not understand why it is appearing? The Toolset Module Manager is not installed.

Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 5.30.18 PM.png

I have deactivated all plugins and the Module Manager still remains in the Dashboard.

However, I just switched to a clean Twenty-seventeen theme, and it disappeared. We are using a child theme of Toolset Boostrap. Is the Module Manager baked into that?

Minesh
Supporter

Well - Toolset Bootstrap theme is officially retired and no more supported now. It looks like its due to the outdated theme you are using. We encourage user to use Toolset starter theme.

Yes - let me check that from where that menu item added.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.