Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I am in need of the user who comments on the web to get the comments and answers

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user wanted to create a way for users to contact sellers and for sellers to email their users.

Solution:

So the initiation would need to be done on the product where a customer when creating the message would need to know the user email and vice versa.

What you can do is to create a CPT called messages and then add that form to the product page, where the user can fill in their information such as name, email and message.

Once the user submits then this message record gets saved on your site and the product owner gets a copy of the email as well as the email of the user who sent the message. From here they can begin the communication through email.

Next just add this field to the message form.

<div class='hidden'>
[cred_generic_field field='email' type='email' class='' urlparam='']
{
"required":1,
"persist":1,
"validate_format":0,
"default":"[types field='my-email' ][/types]"
}
[/cred_generic_field]
</div>

Now you see where you I have the types custom field providing the default value for the field. You will need to substitute it with the correct field name to get your email field value.

Next add this so that this hidden field doesn't show on the frontend.

.hidden{
display:none;
}

Finally just create a notification that send the message to this email field.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by David Arias 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am in need of the user who comments on the web to get the comments and answers to his email, how can I activate this option?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I searched but I did not get to get information..

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

What you're saying is that you want that whenever someone comments on a user's post the user will get an email of the comment that was added?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

MESSAGES.png

Hello, I want to share the products that send emails from the buyer and the seller of the product, but I was informed that the toolset does not come with that option, I wanted to ask you if it is possible to integrate an additional complement that allows me this option? Or integrate an option so that the comparator can communicate with the seller in a conversation about the product offered.

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

I took a look at this for you.

Our Toolset Classified demo has a perfect demo of this and it has a messaging system that the user can contact the seller and the seller can respond to them.

https://discover-wp.com/site-templates/

Please try this and let me know if this is something that you want.

Thanks,
Shane

Ok thankyou..

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

So the initiation would need to be done on the product where a customer when creating the message would need to know the user email and vice versa.

What you can do is to create a CPT called messages and then add that form to the product page, where the user can fill in their information such as name, email and message.

Once the user submits then this message record gets saved on your site and the product owner gets a copy of the email as well as the email of the user who sent the message. From here they can begin the communication through email.

Next just add this field to the message form.

<div class='hidden'>
[cred_generic_field field='email' type='email' class='' urlparam='']
{
"required":1,
"persist":1,
"validate_format":0,
"default":"[types field='my-email' ][/types]"
}
[/cred_generic_field]
</div>

Now you see where you I have the types custom field providing the default value for the field. You will need to substitute it with the correct field name to get your email field value.

Next add this so that this hidden field doesn't show on the frontend.

.hidden{
display:none;
}

Finally just create a notification that send the message to this email field.

Thanks,
Shane

All OK

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.