Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I am facing an error when i click "Stop using Content Layout Editor" button

This support ticket is created 5 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Screenshot_1.jpg

I am trying to: When i click on "Stop using Content Layout Editor" button. It shows me "Uncaught TypeError: switchEditors.switchto is not a function" error. And the editor got stuck.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The overlay should be go away when i click on above button.

Instead, I got: The screen is stuck and editor is not working.

Hi, first I want to apologize for the delay responding to this ticket. There was a problem in the forum and we just realized that some tickets were not assigned to any supporter, but were also not appearing in the queue of unassigned tickets. This ticket somehow fell through the cracks.

Can you try the following troubleshooting steps?
1. Temporarily deactivate all plugins except Types, Views and Layouts.
2. Activate a default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
3. Clear your browser cache and test again.
4. If the problem is resolved, reactivate your parent theme, then child theme, then other plugins one by one until the problem returns.

If the problem is not resolved, I'll need to take a closer look. Let me know what you find out and we can go from there.

Screenshot_1.jpg

I can't activate default theme on Live website as you know all the widgets and setting can be unset from the database. The interesting thing is that i have created a staging server and it is working fine there but on live server it is not working.

It is showing "Uncaught TypeError: switchEditors.switchto is not a function" error and this came from theme core file.
hidden link

There is some compatibility issue in Toolset layouts. When i deactivated this plugin the editor worked fine because the overlay popup is not displayed there. Please see the attached screenshot for more details.

Plugins ‹ YogaClassPlan com — WordPress.png

I am also attaching the plugins list for you guidance. Let me know if you required any information.

I'll be glad to run these tests for you on a copy of the site. If that's okay, I'll need to log in to your wp-admin area, install the Duplicator plugin, and make a site clone. Please provide login credentials in the private reply fields here.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.