Skip Navigation

[Resolved] HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by markusM-3 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Since I changed to https, this error appears in my views:
Warning: fopen(hidden link): failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections in /home/webbby8in/html/pansliste.de/wp-includes/class-wp-image-editor.php on line 407

You can see it here:
hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Markus,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

This doesn't seem like a views specific issue but I can still check on this for you and let you know whats going on.

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the site so that I can have a further look at this one ?

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you so much for your reply.
Maybe we find a solution without admin access. If there is no other way, I will consider it though.
It seems the issue is with the thumbnail cropping. If I have this code:
[wpv-post-featured-image size="custom" width="300px" height="300px" crop="true"] I get the error.
But if I use this code:
[wpv-post-featured-image size="medium"] I don't. The problem is, I do need to crop the image...

Hi, well - I found a work around.
I now crop the image with css instead. Is not neccessary the best solution, but works for me right now.
If you happen to know what the issue is, I'll appreciate it anyhow.

Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.