Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to use taxonomy auxiliary fields

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by felixP-3 2 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I don't understand how taxonomy auxiliary fields are used.

I searched the documentation and can't find any help.

Can you provided me with an example showing how to use taxonomy auxiliary fields?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Felix,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Essentially the custom fields on taxonomies work the same as how you would use them for posts.

A context in which you can use them is to provide any additional details about the particular taxonomy that you would want to display on the frontend when this particular taxonomy is being used.

I can't think of many scenarios where this will be used but the function is the same as with posts.

Here is an example, let's say you have a taxonomy of Cities but you want to put on a map exactly where the city is located. You can add an address field to the taxonomy and then put in the address of the exact city this way you can know where the city is as opposed to another city of the same name.

Please let me know if this provides a bit of clarity for you.
Thanks,
Shane

This sounds good.

Can you provide me with a step by step example of adding an address field to city taxonomies.

I don't understand how to implement this.

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Felix,

We have some documentation on how you can add custom fields to the taxonomy.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/term-fields/

The above tutorial have the exact same steps on how you will add the address field to the taxonomy. So the tutorial should provide enough information to get you started.

If there are any specific details you're unsure of after looking at this document please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.