Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to set up layout to display child page (category/category name)

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
selected-category-page.png
Front Page.png

I am trying to: Go to new page only showing a selected category. I have an archive layout showing all posts and displaying various fields. (front-page.png)

hidden link

If I click the "News" category (these are default WP categories) I am taken to this URL:
hidden link

I expected to see (after I click the "category link) a page showing only posts with the category "News"

Instead, I got:

selected-category-page.png

I have read https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/passing-arguments-to-views/ and I think I followed it to create the view, but I can not see how to link the view to a layout and get the Home Page to load the new filtered view page.

Dear Wayne,

I check the URL you mentioned above:
hidden link
It redirect me to the another:
hidden link

Which is different from your screenshots, and it is abnormal, I suggest you check these:
1) deactivate other plugins and switch to Toolset Starter theme, and test again.
2) If you are going to use Layouts to customize the archive pages, please check our document:
Designing pages and archive-templates using Views plugin
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/designing-pages-archive-templates-using-views-plugin/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.