Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to search by post relationships using WPBakery

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by geertV-3 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I want to search by post relationships. In the article https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-custom-search/#how-to-search-by-post-relationships they use the normal WordPress Editor
I'm using WPBakery and there is not an "add search field" in the page with my view.

The only thing I see is a shortcake like this [wpv-view name="zoek_vacatures"]

How can I use the search by post relationships using WPBakery?

Thanks

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

You can't really build the search inside WPBakery. You must create the view, either on the blocks editor as shown on that article or in the legacy editor. Then you can only add it inside WPBakery using that shortcode:

[wpv-view name="zoek_vacatures"]

The legacy editor can be activated in Toolset->Settings->General(tab)->Editing experience. Reload the page, and you will get a new menu item(Toolset->Views), inside of it, you can create a new view.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any doubts.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.