Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to order taxonomy in a select field using a form?

This support ticket is created 2 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have multiple forms where I want to user to be able to get hold of one particular category without the hassle of scrolling through the whole list of categories.
I want to order my taxonomies by slug, since then I can simply just rename the slut to 0-slugname and make it appear at the top.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Been looking all over the forum but all references I can see are related to a view, where I can change order.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
This is the code within the form. As you can see I've added "taxonomy_order='ASC' taxonomy_orderby='slug' ", but it doesn't work.

<div class="form-group">
<label for="%%FORM_ID%%_fran-kajplats">[cred_i18n name='fran-kajplats-label']Select from:[/cred_i18n]</label>
[cred_field field='fran-kajplats' force_type='taxonomy' output='bootstrap' display='select' single_select='true' taxonomy_order='ASC' taxonomy_orderby='slug']
</div>

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As you can see with the Toolset Form's [cred_field] there is no argument available to order the taxonomy terms displayed as select:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/forms/cred-shortcodes/#cred_field

You can workaround it by the view that outputs the JSON content and adding the Generic field but then you will also have to add "cred_save_data" hook to save the taxonomy terms. If you need this workaround, please let me know.

You can file a new feature request using the following form:
- https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.