Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to make Buddypress competely private

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to make Buddypress competely private

Solution:
I found a good plugin which is available free to download which I already downloaded and installed on your site:
=> https://wbcomdesigns.com/downloads/wordpress-lock-for-buddypress/

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hugoC-3 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I would like to hide all Buddypress for non logged in users i.e. make this part of the site completely private.

Is there any documentation that you are following? https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1621543-1655635/

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please share bit more information, what parts you want to hide as well as do you mean that only loggedin users can access those parts.

I need all required information first to understand what are the parts you created using buddypress and what is the condition to hide those parts.

Hi Minesh,

Buddypress creates a number of pages like activity, members, groups etc. I would like to restrict access to the activity and members pages to logged in users only.

Hi Minesh,

Buddypress creates a number of pages like activity, members, groups etc. I would specifically like to restrict access to the activity and member pages to logged in users only.

Schermafbeelding 2021-03-19 om 15.33.41.png

Hi Minesh,
The Buddypress plugin creates a number of pages like activity and members. I would like to restrict access to these pages to logged in users only. I tried to create a post group andd added the pages in 2 languages (WPML) for this but it doesn't work.
Can you help?
Regards
Hugo

Minesh
Supporter

It seems we do not have tight integration with BuddyPress, I see couple of workarounds offered.

Can you please share admin access details so I can try to check if that workaround is still valid.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

As I need to hook the custom code with early priority.

Can you please send me FTP access details so that I can add the code to functions.php file.

Hi Minesh,

I added the ftp details as requested.

Regards,
Hugo

Hi Minesh,

I just got an error message on the site:
Warning: Undefined variable $post_id in /home/customer/www/staging2.belgianfapa.be/public_html/wp-content/toolset-customizations/toolset-custom-code.php on line 14
ttt==

Please check.

Kind regards

Hugo

Minesh
Supporter

The thing is that Toolset Access do not have any official integration with Buddypress. I tried all possible workaround but it was not useful.

Finally, I found a good plugin which is available free to download which I already downloaded and installed on your site:
=> hidden link

It offered GUI settings about what pages you want to lock - please all all of your pages that you want to lock:
=> hidden link

As well as it also allow you to configure the message as well as login form:
=> hidden link

I suggest you go with above solution as there is no native solution available.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.