Skip Navigation

[Closed] How to implement messaging functionality in toolset?

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

We are building a website where one type of users can list themselves as therapists and other type of users can select them and book an appointment. We want to have a functionality where ordinary users and message there therapists and the therapist gets a notification of that. Both the users can see all their messages in their dashboard. How can we implement this? Basically we want to have the simple messaging feature not the whole chat functionality. Do toolset provide any such feature? If not then what else plugin should we use that can be integrated with toolset.

Hello, the Toolset Messaging system is a module that provides similar functionality to what you have described. We have some information available about this system here: https://toolset.com/modules/messaging-system/

You'll need the Toolset Module Manager plugin to install this module. The Module Manager plugin is available through the legacy plugins downloads page: https://toolset.com/account/downloads/#legacy-plugins

Let me know if you have questions about this feature and I will try to provide additional information.

Thank you, I imported the messaging system with toolset module manager. Is there any tutorial or docs dedicated for this. It would be much appreciated.

My apologies, I forgot to include the setup instructions link in my original message. You can find it here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/miscellaneous/how-to-create-a-messaging-system-with-toolset/

I've asked our Documentation team to update the Messaging System module page to include a direct link to this information for future reference. Hopefully that will help save others some time.

We are following the instruction in the documentation you mentioned but when we pass the shortcode for the author ID, is not being parsed. (The shortcode we are using [wpv-post-author format=’meta’ meta=’ID’]).

Okay first, please check the quotation marks in your shortcode. They should be straight quotation marks instead of curly quotes. The documentation has both straight and curly, and depending on from where you copied the original code, you may have picked them up unintentionally. These quotation marks are incorrect:

[wpv-post-author format='meta' meta='ID']

These are correct:

[wpv-post-author format='meta' meta='ID']

If there is any doubt, retype the apostrophe in the Form builder area using the keyboard instead of copy + paste.

If this does completely not solve the problem, please insert the following test shortcodes just before the generic field shortcodes where the author is not parsed as expected:

Author test 1: [wpv-post-author format='meta' meta='ID' item='$current_page']<br />
Post context ID: [wpv-post-id item='$current_page']<br />

Please let me know if this isn't working in your case, and I may need to log in and take a closer look. Please provide login credentials in the private reply fields here if you need that assistance.

The topic ‘[Closed] How to implement messaging functionality in toolset?’ is closed to new replies.