Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to display WooCommerce mini cart?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the customer wanted to know how to add a Woocommerce mini cart to their template with Toolset.

Solution:

Unfortunately this is not something that can be done with our Toolset plugins and as such a dedicated 3rd party plugin will need to be used to add this feature.

One such plugin can be found at the link below.
https://codecanyon.net/item/woocommerce-mini-cart-plugin-add-cart-in-menu-or-anywhere-in-site/23556653?irgwc=1&clickid=xYpQaS2TZxyIW%3A%3Az-U1k-y9GUkG0NA0M6U9FRQ0&iradid=275988&irpid=1207772&iradtype=ONLINE_TRACKING_LINK&irmptype=mediapartner&mp_value1=&utm_campaign=af_impact_radius_1207772&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=impact_radius

This support ticket is created 2 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jeffS-2 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 11.56.56 PM.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am building a single Product page with 3 columns. One for the product photo, one for the product description, price, add-to-cart, and one for the (pseudo) right sidebar for the mini cart.
I have everything displaying correctly except I don't see a block for showing the mini display in the right-hand column. How do I do that? Do I have to set my theme to use an actual right sidebar so WC will put it there? I don't get it. 🙁

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I am following Toolset docs and videos for WooCommerce. By the way, the videos are pretty good, but navigating through from one to the next is not very user-friendly.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Not exactly.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link
TO ACCESS PAGE: username = chocolate pw = caramel

WP 5.8.1. Theme is Astra. All Toolset plugins are latest as of yesterday (03.Nov.2021).

Thanks,
Jeff
–––––––

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for getting touch.

Unfortunately our Toolset plugins do not contain a mini cart widget. You will need to use the plugin below in order to achieve this.
hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

Hey Shane, good to hear from you.

Thanks for the plugin link.
Did Toolset decide not to do a WooCommerce mini cart block for a reason? Do you think it is not necessary. Sometimes I think it's redundant because a message pops up that says XYZ was added to your cart. But then, I guess if you've put a bunch of stuff in your cart, it is nice to be able to glance over and see everything.

The site I am building is currently selling only one item. So, in this case, it is quite redundant. Do you have an opinion on that?

Thanks again for the reply.
Jeff
–––––––

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jeff,

The mini cart feature would've been something extra that is added which is not what our Toolset plugin is doing. What we're doing is allow users to essentially create custom templates with the default woocommerce elements.

Given that a mini cart block or widget isn't included into woocommerce by default then we wouldn't have such a feature.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.