Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to create menu and footer as in the default theme in layouts

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.91 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by AlexS6170 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello. I'm bothering you with a pretty common and simple question, I hope.
I created the custom post type projects. I want to have the same sticky menu and footer as on the homepage: hidden link

This is the project page: hidden link

I tried to integrate it through layouts but the result wasn't the same. The header wasn't sticky, full width and on the same row. The footer also wasn't full width.

Can you help me achive this result?

hidden link
us: alecstheone
pw: Q!123456q

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Alex,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I noticed that you are using outdated versions of our plugins. What I recommend that you do is to update the plugins as they contain fixes that should help with this.

I've changed some of the elements to make your website look more like the theme but I would recommend performing an update.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks for your help. I updated all the plugins and almost everything is solved out.
There is just the warning before the menu that I cannot get rid of: hidden link
And if I set a menu from Appearance -> Menus -> Manage Locations it appears another one before my menu.

How to remove that part too?

Thanks alot Shane!!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alex,

This message is there because you have a secondary menu cell assigned but in your menu options for wordpress there is no seconday menu.

Once a secondary menu has been assigned then this message will disappear.

Thanks,
Shane

1) Yes, the message wil disappear but I'll end up with 2 menues. And the new one isn't even simmilar to the default one from the homepage.
How to remove that text or the secondary menu cell?

2) I also have another question. I created a slider but every time I switch the slides the images shift a little bit to the right and than disappear and I can see the next slide. How to make them not shift to the right? I spend today 4 hours trying to fix this witouht luck.

3) Is there any option to keep the next and previous buttons when I'm on the first and last page of the slider and when I click them to start again with the first or last slide?
ex. if I am on the last slide and I click next it should go to the first one (to loop infinitely)
I tried from the tralsition effect to set infinite scrolling but that only puts all my slides on one page without any button to work.

Many thanks,
Alex

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alex,

You can just go to the header and footer layout and remove the cell. Once you remove this cell then the message will go away.

Also since we have resolved the original reason for this thread being open, it would be best to mark this thread as resolved and open a new ticket.

This is just to aid in streamlining our forums for our growing user base 🙂

Thanks,
Shane

it worked. I opened 2 more threads for my other questions. Please come back ti this one if you odn't understand the context.

Thanks,
Alex

PS: please remove the login credentials from the first post.

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.