Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to create front end ajax filtering with buttons or links?

This support ticket is created 8 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to: Create front end ajax filtering with buttons or links?

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link

Instead, I got: hidden link

I'm trying to follow the steps from this : https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-front-end-ajax-filtering-with-buttons-or-links/

But can't seem to make the buttons filter the different companies on the portfolio page.

You can create Parametric Search filters with Views for Custom fields, Taxonomies, Post Content and Post Relationships-

These can be triggered on Submit via AJAX, Full Page Reload or on change of values.

You can style the inputs with the available options from the GUI (when you insert he specific filters)

Buttons are not a option there.

To achieve this you need Custom HTML and JS Code.

Waqas used a 3rd Party Software to achieve that, which we don't assist.

What I suggest instead is much simpler.

Assuming you use Bootstrap you can create Tabs.
hidden link

In each section of the Tab you call either a specific View that returns only the content specified with the Query Filters, or, with HTML conditional, you only output Posts where your values meet the condition
(as example, Post title, only if custom field xy has value xy)

This is very simple and surely the less code-extensive solution.

Please acknowledge that we can not assist Custom Code Solutions of 3rd party softwares.
This is specified in our Company Support Guidelines.

If you need help with the HTML of Bootstrap Tabs or need a example, I can provide this.

If you have a full implemented solution as suggested by Waqas, I can have a look, but I can not debug the 3rd Party Software.

Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.