Skip Navigation

[Closed] How to create custom search with Price from / Price to

This support ticket is created 2 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.11 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? I like to create a custom search, where having Price from / Price to - similar to this:

hidden link

Is there any documentation that you are following? I didn't found anything useful, this what I have found doesn't work

Is there a similar example that we can see? hidden link

What is the link to your site? hidden link

what is the best approach to get it done?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

When you try to add a price filter there is a way to configure the values for your custom price field as "Manually entered values":

Please check the following screenshot:
=> hidden link

You can configure your custom value range when you add the filter and save it. If you will require further assistance please let me know here.

Dear Minesh

Okay, so far what I have: hidden link

Is it possible - to have a dropdown shown - depending on a dropdown chosen before?

So for example - this price from - the values are different depending on the first dropdown - it for rent or if for sale. the prices are different.

So I would have something, where it shows either one or the other price dropdown.

Regards,

Simon

Minesh
Supporter

No - there is no such feature available to build such dependent dropdown. You will have to set pre-defined values for your from and to price dropdowns.

If you do not have too many variations in prices then you can add multiple dropdowns and show/hide it based on the selected values as required using the jQuery/Javascript.

Dear Minesh

You mention jQuery... Do You have maybe some example code?

Regards,

Simon

Minesh
Supporter

There is no such example available, it was just an idea and as acknowledged it requires custom code (jQuery/Javascript) which is beyond the scope of our support policy.

However, if you share more details based on what dropdown option you want to display what range I can offer you small example and based on that you should build the whole dependent feature.

If that sounds good - please share problem URL where you want to implement it and all required details with what option you want to display what options with other dropdowns.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

The topic ‘[Closed] How to create custom search with Price from / Price to’ is closed to new replies.