Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to connect Many to many relationships in a complex way?

This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

So I am having partial success with toolset after months of playing around and figuring its ins and outs. I am having cpt A and cpt B connected together in many-to-many relationship. I have another cpt C connected together with B in another many-to-many relationships.

Would it be possible to show posts of cpt C on cpt A content template? yes, I managed to do this by following the guide https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/displaying-brother-pages/

HOWEVER..

This method is limited by having the cpt child of C (in your site examlple “Tutorial Single” just one single page template where we show the parent. We also are limited by using the "view template" just once. Now what if I wanted to do the same twice? I can't, because I have already used the child content template to query a particular parent. So I can query the other parent I would need to have another child content template, and also we can only use a single template (the one that show the children in your example).

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As I understand you followed our Docs and able to display the post content using post relationship. I need more clarification on your issue when you say: "Now what if I wanted to do the same twice?"

What do you mean by that - could you please explain your issue with test case example so that it will help you to understand your issue and I can guide you in right direction.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.