Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to configure editing form to redirect users back to the updated post

This support ticket is created 5 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MaureenR3428 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? I want to know how to configure editing form to redirect users back to the updated post. The updated post should have all the fields displaying the updated information. When Users complete a form and log out I want the updated, completed form to always appear when they sign back in to update it

Is there any documentation that you are following? Everything I can read about this. Can't find anything specific

Is there a similar example that we can see? No

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screenshot 2018-10-29 at 2.40.10 PM.png

Hi Maureen,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

There is actually a redirect option on your form. When you go to the form on the backend to edit it, you will see the option "What to show after submitting the form:" just select "Redirect to post"

See Screenshot

app page.png
edit form.png

Thanks Shane. Still not working. See attached. I have done what you suggested, but after the user signs out, then signs back in, the form is blank. I think it is the New Content Form.

This is what I want to happen:

1. On attached form is the application. When user sign in, they choose to start application. They go to the application form page.
2. They complete the application and save it.
3. They sign out.
4. They sign in and go to the application form page to make updates. Right now there is a blank form on the page. I need the completed form OR a link to take them to the Edit Content form.
5. Every time the user goes in they should have either the completed form or a link to the Edit content form.

Can you help with this, please?

Thanks. Maureen.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Maureen,

Thank you for the clarity.

This is actually not how the form is meant to work.

What you need to do is to add an edit link to the form so that they can continue editing. If they were to save and log out.

Then log in back to continue editing they will get a blank form because the form doesn't know what it should be editing.

You will need to do it like how our documentation has it, to allow for the user to be able to still edit their post.
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/publish-content-from-the-front-end/forms-for-editing/

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane.

I have read those instructions a number of times and have a hard time following them.

I will review again and contact you if I need help. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Maureen

Shane
Supporter

Hi Maureen,

Happy to be of assistance.

Please let me know at anytime if you need me to clarify something.

Thanks,
Shane

I hired someone local to help me.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.