Skip Navigation

[Resolved] how to add parameters to a query

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by paulineS 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to:
I'm trying to make a custom type posts (its title and meta fields) output on a separate page. This page is created without using TOOLSET. I use standart Word Press query - "WP_query" for the page generation.
I add parameteres to the query:

'meta_query' => array(
array(
'key' => 'wpcf-reader-character’,
'value' => ‘Simpified No Pinyin’
)
)

The 'wpcf-reader-character’ field value is stored in the data base in the form of a line:

a:2:{s:64:"wpcf-fields-checkboxes-option-50aefeeb3fd87abda1ab0e2b08df76a6-1";a:1:{i:0;s:20:"Simplified No Pinyin";}s:64:"wpcf-fields-checkboxes-option-7b2fd2239a2df80de227ed74999f4b7d-1";a:1:{i:0;s:21:"Traditional No Pinyin";}}

Wpcf-reader-character field is created with the help of Toolset. It has 4 checkboxes in admin area. Usually it can be 2 chwckboxes set at one time.

I expected to see:
query results have values

Instead, I got:
The query results are empty.

How should I add the parameters to the query, so that I can find custom posts with 'wpcf-reader-character’ having the value 'Simpified No Pinyin’ ?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kindly send your answer to alex.p@mobecls.com

Dear pauline,

You can use meta_compare => 'LIKE' in the parameters, for example:

'meta_query' => array(
	array(
		'key' => 'wpcf-reader-character',
		'value' => 'Simpified No Pinyin',
		'meta_compare' => 'LIKE'
	)
)

More help:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query#Custom_Field_Parameters
meta_compare (string) - Operator to test the 'meta_value'. Possible values are '=', '!=', '>', '>=', '<', '<=', 'LIKE', 'NOT LIKE', 'IN', 'NOT IN', 'BETWEEN', 'NOT BETWEEN', 'NOT EXISTS', 'REGEXP', 'NOT REGEXP' or 'RLIKE'. Default value is '='.

And we do not provide email support, we provide all support only on the forum.

Dear Luo,

Thank you very much for help.
That really helped!

Kind regards,
Alexander.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.